Thursday, April 29, 2010

wow this is brutes.

Haha. So, I clearly sucked at blogging. My deepest appologies. Telling you people about my time in Rwanda ended up being my last priority, hopefully that is understandable.
I am in Brussels right now, and missing Rwanda horribly. Its actually really eerie coming here, because you can see Rwanda everywhere. Since Rwanda is a Belgium colony, there is a lot taken from the country. For example, there is Primus (the beer I drank every night in Rwanda), fries everywhere, amazing sauces, etc. I am reminded of Butare all the time, but yet its so different here.

Our last weekend in Rwanda we went to Kigali to party - and it was a time as usual. In our last week I went to a pottery cooperative, we had a peds party, had our preceptors over for supper and drinks. I was so sad all week because I knew the inevitable was coming. I fell in love with Rwanda and made amazing relationships there, it was painful to think that I wouldn't be back any time soon.

But then, I got great news! I got an interview for the Coady position at KHI teaching nursing... and I found out last night that I got it!! So, the just of it is, I have never been happier. I can feel like everything is right with the world again. And also I find now I am able to enjoy the rest of my travelling more since I don't have to be sad about Rwanda. SCHWING!!

So, the plan is... Leave Brussels either tomorrow or the next day, and travel to Italy, where I will spend the rest of the month, ending in Naples. I really wanted to get back to Greece, but with the expense and time constraints I just don't think its worth it. Ok - I have to go eat some waffles or something!! Happy reading!!

Rwanda bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment