Tuesday, April 13, 2010

i must be getting better at this...

Or maybe the internet is faster...

I can't even remember what i said in my last blog... umm.. I think that the gorillas is new!! We went on the weekend, it was un-fucking-real. We saw the largest silverback gorilla (aka the BOSS!!!) in the world. I took a bunch of videos which I can post to fb when i get home. It was insane. getting there was like walking through a prehistoric jungle, and the gorillas were SO beautiful. so majestic. (side note Miray: "It could rip your dick off like a celery stock, throw it in the tall grass, never to be seen again!!!!")

Work at the hospital is nuts. I went to neonatal this week, and spent today in medicine. My patient today was just devastating. I don't feel right talking about it with god knows how many people, but let me just say that we must always be thankful for the lives we have been blessed with. We really can't even begin to understand how great we have it. Everday in the hospital is so tragic. The emotional stress is just exhausting. But everyday I go to visit my favorite peds patient (is that bad to have a fav? I dont care.).. his name is Patrick, and I feel like he's my own. He is 9 years old and just such a badass but such a great man (thats right, man). I took pics with him too so you can all see him when I get home *i wish i was bringing him with me*

I'm not sure what else i can tell you. I am going to a rural health center tomorrow, which i have been eagerly anticipating since that is the kind of work I want to do, I'm sure it will be an eye opener. Everything is here.

Thats all for me. Oh wait, no its not. Just one other thing. My legs look like they have herpes I have so many mosquito bites. and they are not the average bites. they are the size of a person's finger pads. YEAH. Calamine lotion is literally saving my sanity.

annnnnnnnnnnnd THATS all. hah.
Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite! (oh yah, and a bunch of us got bed bugs too. Luxery.)

2 comments:

  1. your too funny

    missing you like woah

    always making us proud dawg

    Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear girl... was on the dfloor a the pub last night. you were missed but what you are doing is unreal. keep up the good work!

    love ki

    ReplyDelete